Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nail Polish Dupes! Always making updates...

DUPE ALERT !!!

I have a few dupes to talk about for now.  I have many many more dupes to talk about in later blogs.  I recently went to CVS and bought Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale.  I realized once I brought the polish home it looks a lot like the Milani polish that I have called 582 Teal.  Mermaid's Tale has a very faint blackish base to it that still allows the glitters to show through it just darkens the polish up a bit.  Milani's Teal has a clear base color.  I'm going to show both colors at one coat and then again at two coats so you can see the differences and the similarities. 

 
Mermaid's Tale & Milani's Teal
 
 
One Coat:  Milani's Teal & Mermaids Tale
 
2 Coats
 
I like both colors and I'm glad that I purchased both because they are slightly different but if you are someone that is interested in seeing the glitter sparkle and be a little brighter I would pick the Milani color.  You can add the Milani color over the top of other polishes but Mermaid's Tale really wouldn't work on top of other polishes because of the dark base color.
 

More Dupes

 

More dupes that I have noticed come from the 2 polish collections that I have reviewed recently.  The sinful color polishes specifically In the spotlight, Bombshell and Fantasy are very similar if not exact dupes to a few of the Wet N Wild polishes from the toppings collection.  I also ran into a China Glaze polish that were similar to these polishes which were called Pizzazz & Rainbow Connection.   I'm sure their are many more similar polishes with the rainbow glitter I just have to find them.  Here is a picture of the polishes that are all close in color.
Flash On
 
 
 
Thanks for reading I will have many more dupe blogs to come.
 
UPDATE 6/11/13:  I keep finding more and more polishes that have the multi glitter look to them.  I bought a few from the drugstore so I will be adding them to the blog this evening.  Please always look for updates because as I find similar polishes in stores I add them to the dupes as need be.  Thanks for reading.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment