Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dupe Alert!

Dupe Alert!



I have another dupe that I ran into at the drugstore.  The colors are Sally Hansen Red Carpet and Milani Ruby Jewels.  I also noticed that China Glaze Ruby Pumps and Orly Star Spangled are also very similar polishes.  I included pictures of the polishes I have below.  I would get the Sally Hansen polish because that one is more opaque than the Milani polish.  You can't tell that well from the picture but these polishes are ruby red with small red glitter.  It reminds me of the Wizard of Oz and the Ruby slippers that Dorothy wore.  

Update 6/11/2013: I was at a Rite Aid near me and found a polish by NYC for $.99 (I bought it for $.79 with my discount) and it was another dupe for these polishes.  I will post a picture tonight when I get home.  Its more like the Milani polish because its more like a lacquer and takes a few coats versus the Sally Hanson which you can pretty much use one coat and be okay.

I just don't understand buying a polish for more than $10 when you can find such cheap alternatives that really work.  If you are worried about chipping use a good basecoat and throw the polish in your purse that way you can do touch ups if you need too.  The only polish so far that I will spend $8 to $10 on is Orly. 

 


 
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment